Tuesday 14 January 2014

B's first swimming lesson

It's been a while since I took G swimming  (about 4weeks before B was due!) and I've been feeling guilty so when my friend said she fancied going swimming to the classes G used to go to I jumped at the chance hoping it would be easier with two of us.

Here's G itching to get in the pool in his new Thomas swimsuit from M&S that nanna and grandad got him for Christmas


We bought B a cute pink suit from Matalan but my friend brought her little boys old wetsuit so I gave that a try!


She absolutely loved being in the water you would never have known it was her first time and the suit was brilliant there was no chattering or shivering.  G enjoyed it too having to have a little more independence and using armbands he did drink a lot of the pool water but he remembered how to blow bubbles in the water and did some kickingm, hopefully now were back into it he'll start progressing.  It would have been extremely hard work had it not been for my friend and the girl running the class who kept taking one of them off me so I could concentrate on one at a time!  On our last lesson the girl running it told us she was leaving so there was another instructor and to be honest it wasn't as structured but for the first time taking two children at once it was just enough!

B and myself got out of the water first while G stayed in the weather for a bit with my friend and her little boy, I got her dressed quickly and popped her in the car seat she started crying but turned round to go get G and then she was off, tired herself out! - worth every penny!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment