Thursday 12 September 2013

Chocolate crispy buns

On Wednesdays G normally spends the day at nanna's but this week they were in Scarborough so it was up to mummy to strike off the cleaning and ironing for a week (this took a lot of will power!) and come up with something to entertain him! After deciding paint was just too messy for today I looked through the cupboards to see what we had in and found we had everything for chocolate crispy buns.  I used an old favourite recipe I've used before 

100g chocolate
50g butter
2tbsp golden syrup
And approx 75g cereal (to how u like it)

Sometimes I add mini marshmallows or dried fruit

The dilemma was what cereal which has led to many a discussion at kids parties in the past.  Now ordinarily I'm a cornflake girl myself whereas friends hubby will only eat if rice crispies!  Today however I went against my own better judgement and used rice crispies.  There were two reasons for this one G had had cornflakes for breakie and two I thought they'd be less likely to go to crumbs once he started mixing (or crushing however you look at it!)  


We put everything except the crispies in a large bowl and set on top of pan of hot water to melt.  While that was happening G helped put out the bun cases


Once melted we tipped in the crispies  and stirred!


This was followed by quite a bit of quality control!


And I managed to get some I to the bin cases!


It didn't take long for G to work out how to clean the bowl!


All in all a successful (not too messy - well he didn't need to go straight in the bath!) days baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment