Thursday 3 October 2013

36 Week Check and a Trip to Hospital

36weeks today and routine midwife appt my blood pressure was elevated at 150/80 ish do she decided to do all her other checks before redoing it. I got on the bed and then she got her serious face on and said "I think the baby's breech" I couldn't speak, not exactly the words you want to hear when you're trying to think calm thoughts to get your blood pressure down. Anyway I think she completed the rest of her checks measurements and listened to heart beat but to be honest it was all a bit of a haze all I was thinking was bp's gone up earlier than with G and now it's breech would I have to have a c-section?

She sent me straight up to Chorley for a scan and organised an appointment for tomorrow at a clinic to get my blood pressure remeasured. I had to make sure she'd written it down as I couldn't think straight.  I had G with me we were supposed to be going swimming I had to snap out of it for his sake! I hastily rang the inlaws to make sure they were in and that I could drop him off before dashing up to the hospital, fortunately I'd taken chris to work this morning so I could have the car! - sixth sense or something!

No hanging about at the hospital was straight in and out can't complain about that and immediate relief when head showed up in the right place!  So did I find out the sex you're all wondering aren't you..... Well that would be telling wouldn't it!!! 😜😜😜

Now a relaxing soak to get blood pressure down for 1.30 tomorrow!  Zen here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment