Wednesday 16 October 2013

Our wedding day

Statistically the two most stressful things a person can do in their life is nice house and get married!  October 15th 2010 we moved house, on the 16th we got married I know we must have been mad you say well it wasn't planned that way the house sale was supposed to go through weeks before then was about to fall through and we just wanted it out of the way before our big day!  In a way it was nice because I was stressing about the house I was able to relax and enjoy my wedding day glitch free (well apart from a slight panic over the cake but more on that later!) and we came back off honeymoon like an old fashioned married couple to our new home together.

We chose the beautiful Allerton castle nr knaresborough North Yorkshire for our wedding fortunately at the time chris was self employed so we were able to pile money into our wedding pot if we were doing it today it would be a whole different ball game.  But it was the sort of place you walked in and just went wow!


My gorgeous husband scrubbed up well for the occasion.


Neither of us is religious so we decided to have a civil ceremony but the beauty of the hall in the castle is that it feels quite chapel like and certainly adds its own character to the day.


I can't believe how nervous I was I'm not one for being centre of attention and I had a staircase to walk down which added to the tension, I must have looked pretty scared as the registrar wouldn't continue until I cracked a smile!
























We decided on very simple decorations using single flowers suspended in large vases so as not to detract from the splendour of the room, for flowers we chose the white rose of Yorkshire for me and the red rose of lancashire for Chris.




On to the cake, as we'd spent so much elsewhere on the wedding we chose a plain ivory three tier cake (1fruit and 2 sponge) from marks n Spencer's getting the florist to decorate it for us when Chris went to collect the cake on the thurs one of the layers was missing! They found a white fruit bottom layer, the girl at the desk -trying to be helpful- offered to take it home and re-ice it for him as she did a bit of dabbling!  Realising this wasn't an option they found another fruit layer in white and a final layer would have to be collected from another branch in the morning!  Chris went off to fetch it I went to collect my dress and go to solicitors whilst a hoard of people moved us into our new home!  After he'd collected the final layer he got a call saying there'd been a mix up and somebody had returned our cake anyhow long story short we ended up with six layers of wedding cake! The final one has just been used for our sons naming day.


It was the perfect day surrounded by family and friends and the man I love I couldn't have wished for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment