Monday 14 October 2013

Messy Monday 14/10/13

After the success of the last sensory box I wanted to make G a halloween inspired box.  I coloured some rice using black food colouring and alcohol hand gel.  I picked up lots of spooky bits in the three for £2 at morrisons and added some table confetti from a pound shop. I also found a flickering pumpkin for only £1.89 at home bargains.  I buried a large skeleton in front of a tombstone then hid some smaller skeletons and spiders in the rice. Then sprinkled on some of the confetti


It's been sat in the dining table all weekend and G has been eyeing it up so when I got the messy play mat out and put it down in front of him he couldn't wait to dive in!




He soon found the buried skeleton and was mesmerised by how it's jelly like structure made the rice stick to it.


He dug out all the 'buried treasure' and even seemed to be sorting the confetti into piles but I think this was purely coincidence - either that or we have a child genius on our hands!


Then it got thrown back in and it was a free for all!





The small skeletons were incredibly stretchy!


Though it turned out not quite as stretchy as he thought and we now have bones rather than a full skeleton!


And after all that play he even helped to tidy up!


No comments:

Post a Comment