Thursday 31 October 2013

D-day!

Today I'm 40 weeks pregnant, this morning I had an appointment with my consultant, there was a medical student working with the midwife so got given a thorough once over, then in came the doctor who was lovely and was aware of my case as she was 'the boss' the doctor on Monday had consulted with!  My blood pressure is borderline but not high enough to treat or be overly concerned.  But the decision was made to induce me when there was availability on delivery suite.  Meanwhile she performed a membrane sweep which has to be said is not the pleasantest of experiences but anything to get the ball rolling! It's not much worse than a smear test but you are left feeling a bit uncomfortable. (If not a little violated!). 

My induction is booked for tues (bonfire night!) at 11.30 of course if they're busy it could always be delayed! But at least something proactive has happened and if no labour by tues I know something will get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment